In the past few days it wasn’t that easy with relaxing, sitting still or taking time for myself. I don’t know about you, but this week was a bit overwhelming. A dog playing on the street jumped on my mom and she sprained her arm. I had to take care of Leo during the day while I was trying to work. I burnt myself with hot coffee, glass broke in 1000 pieces in the house and other unexpected things happened. In addition, we are currently traveling and are in a different city every week. I love being in the summer house in Bodrum, I love traveling, but all of these circumstances bring new challenges as well.
My body reacted to the current stress. As a consequence I’ve been in bed all day since yesterday morning. I’m exhausted, it was probably also the sudden change in weather after shooting my yoga video on the roof terrace. I couldn’t get anything done except sleeping all day long. Not being able to do anything gave me the opportunity to reflect on my daily life.
What is going well, what is not?
How about looking at life from a different perspective and creating more awareness?
To listen. To be there.
Other people’s stories.
The nature around you.
Just breathe. Let go.
Feel life again.
Do something good for yourself.
I promised myself today that every morning and evening I would create some of my favourite morning and evening routines again, which I can easily integrate into everyday life, even as a busy mompreneur. No matter where I am, no matter what my to do list says.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.”
Positive rituals can be very powerful, provide structure and stability and ensure better time management. You can increase productivity and inner strength. And above all, you have more energy for other things.
* How much time do you actually have for yourself in the morning and evening?
* How important are rituals to you?
* What would you like to integrate into your daily life?
Everyone has their own flow to start and end the day. As an inspiration here are some ideas and suggestions for a morning routine.
- Get up 30 minutes earlier
- Meditate for 3-5 minutes
- Do a breathing exercise
- Listen to relaxing music or mantras
- Drink warm water with apple cider vinegar / lemon on an empty stomach
- Do yoga, even if it’s only for 15 minutes
- Listen to uplifting podcasts
- Prepare your favourite Tea/Coffee and drink it with pleasure
- Start the day with an intention
- Tab on your chest with your fingertips
- Take a short walk in nature
- Do the most important work first
To get you back on the mat, have a look at the most Watched yoga video at Yuva Yoga Life – a 12 Min morning yoga flow to warm up and stretch your total body. Especially great for shoulders, hips, hamstrings and your spine. A wonderful way to start energised into the day.